Monday, August 17, 2009

My little Triathlete

My 5 year old Mckayla did her second triathlon Saturday at the WVC Recreation Center.


She had a blast, did very well, and had a great time! I'm so proud of her!!!

I had to highlight a couple things.
1. She's such a purist.....hmm, wonder who she gets that from :) Anyway, all the other kids set their bikes down on the ground, not our Mckayla.
She insisted her bike be racked in transition.

2. We realized a minute before the swim that we didn't bring any kind of floatation. I panicked a little, mentioned running out to get her arm floaties, but she said she wouldn't be able to reach her arms through the water, so no floating for her :)

3. She insisted we stay behind her, she wanted to race on her own.

4. You'll also notice her little bike crash at the first turn.
What a stud, she didn't even cry, just got up and kept going.

5. Love this kid. You'll also notice her dodge the high-5's at the finish line. She had her eye on the prize and wasn't going to let anyone get in her way :)
Oh, and.....
Good job to my husband on the video!

Some additional photo highlights from the day

Coach Talm

Prerace Interview (which she took very seriously)

Off on the bike with Talm cheering along the way

Look at that form! :) I love this pic

Posing as a Trophy (love this kid!)

2 comments:

Diamond said...

That was great and really inspiring. I need to sign my 5 yr old up for some fun runs.

Unknown said...

She is adorable and amazing! Keep it up little one your an inspiration!