Monday, January 9, 2012

Help a brother out (tonight if possible)

My good friend Matt Williams, a local ultrarunner and just all around good guy is vying or a pair of shoes from the best shoe producer ever, Altra, and just needs the most likes on his pic partway down on Altra Running's Facebook page.  Read his description, such excellent writing, I promise the 2 minutes it will take you to read it will make you smile and remind us all how crazy we are for what we do for happiness.  Although it's not so crazy, being active and outdoors, pretty wise actually.  Anyway, contest ends tomorrow at 9am so if you could hop on tonight or early tomorrow that'd be awesome!

There was a comment made that maybe he shouldn't win since he already has a pair, to let someone who doesn't have a pair yet win, but I don't really agree.  I think he has just as much right to a new pair as anyone and here's why.  The man already owns 5 pair of Altra shoes.  He's paid full price for them.  Hey I won't lie, free stuff is always good, but probably coming from being on the back end of Altra, I've come to feel at least personally, that I don't feel as good asking for freebies anymore unless it's already a company I support and know.  Matt and another friend Craig (and I'm sure many others out there) have been such vocal advocates of Altra, and these guys weren't given free stuff, they aren't sponsored.  People talk like the only way they can get these shoes is by winning them.  Sorry, but they are in 150+ stores around the country and online.  These guys paid for their shoes themselves, and personally, I think that says something.
But hey anyone who's interested in their first pair and needs a little discount code love (no, not 50% off, they don't give me quite that much power), I am happy to hook you up.  Email me.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Well said - and thanks for the support and nice words!! :)