Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A better day

Great run today! 8 miles on the IMSG run course in an hour. The kind of run that leaves you feeling on a high when you're done. Yum!
First couple miles the legs reminded me of what we just did Monday and my heel was tight, but after that the legs and heel and I got feeling better and enjoyed the rest of the run. Threw in six 5-6 minute intervals. What a course. Some serious climbs, as well as some fun descents. Some fantastic views too. I would've taken pics, but today was a down to business fast run. Race day should prove to be a good time! I look forward to running both out and back Saturday.

A little course map for you......looks fun doesn't it! :)

Knowing what's to come this weekend I decided to indulge in a contrast bath. We have a pool here at the complex that they don't heat or cover during the winter and it worked perfect. Seriously did not expect it to be as cold as it was. Just as cold as when my tub is full of ice! I only lasted 6 minutes the first time. My 4 year old tried to convince me to swim laps. Um....NO!

Jumped into the hot tub for 10 minutes,

then back into the frigid painful water for another 7 minutes. Painful for sure, check out this coloring

But beneficial for sure. There will be a repeat of the icing fun Friday afternoon, don't you even worry.

Oh, and the best part of my recovery today? Even more than eating lots of yummy food?
A nap with my sweet baby

1 comment:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Sounds like soooooooooo much fun. ENjoy the rest of your week and then tell us all about it. Have fun!