Sunday, February 19, 2012

The long awaited news!

It's a GIRL!

We had our beautiful baby girl Wednesday evening about 5:45.  She was 9lbs 14oz and 21 inches long.  She was born in the water and everything was just so great!  My husband and kids were all there watching her peaceful arrival and we're all in love!  There are lots more details about the birth and more pics on our family blog which you are welcome to visit.

I used Hypnobabies training (the home study course) with this pregnancy and even though it's my 3rd natural birth so you'd think I had the hang of it already, this one was definitely smoother.  I stayed in calm and in control well, kept my confidence, kept focused and relaxed which made things not painless, but a whole lot more manageable than they have been before.  I have been pondering the approach to positive affirmations and mental training I did daily to prepare for her birth, and will continue to ponder how they might be applied to my training and racing as well.

Anyway, time to get back to snuggling my little baby.  Sometimes it seems that's all I'll even do (and I'm fine with that right now, I love her to pieces!  Sitting on the couch nursing and cuddling and gazing is all I want right now), but I felt a twinge of desire to get back into it in the next few weeks.  We'll just start with walking this week though.  Thanks for the well wishes I've received already!!
My family of 6, wow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The watch, christened 'Fifty Fathoms', was used not only replica watches sale by Maloubier's team, but also by American, German, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and Israeli special forces too. So why does Rolex's Submariner take all the glory? Released months after the Fifty Fathoms, the Rolex Submariner did more or less what the replica watches sale Blancpain did. It had a legible dial that glowed in low light, a rotating countdown bezel, water resistance suitable for diving - it was practically the same watch with a different look. But here's where the watches differed. Where Blancpain made its rolex replica uk watch for use by special forces, Rolex made the Submariner for everyone. Hobby diving was one of the fastest-growing sports of the time, the invention of the Aqua-Lung dramatically reduced the cost and increased the ease and replica watches sale safety of underwater exploration, and Rolex capitalised on this immeasurably. Less than a decade after the introduction of the Rolex Submariner (which was obviously rushed, the first replica watches sale iteration not even having a name), the 5513 was released, a non-chronometer certified version of the earlier 5512.