Friday, September 25, 2015

Wasatch afterthoughts

I'm good. I had a rough first weekend frustrated with how I handled Wasatch, but really started feeling ok about it all the Tuesday after the race. I did race most of it really well and am grateful to be able to claim 2nd place at a race like Wasatch. No I didn't perform as best as I could have, no I'm not happy overall with my race, but I'm ok with it. I'm not dwelling on it. I can and will learn from it. 

Now the problem is the itch to race again, like right now. I wonder if I'd feel it as much if I had had the race I wanted. A combination of things make me want to race again soon. So soon I really considered doing the Bear 100 today. I think what contributes to my itch to race is wanting a do over and the chance to control and handle myself better, using the great fitness I built, and the fact that I have recovered physically really well so far!  

But I don't have anything scheduled and do want to take care of my body. Although I am considering TNF 50 in San Francisco in December. School however has kind of smacked me in the face since finishing Wasatch, so we shall see. 

I am enjoying not working out based on a training schedule and just doing what sounds fun when I have time and spending more time on other things, but I can fall off the wagon pretty hard and I think having a workout plan is good for the rest of my unorganized life. 

Anyway, that's about it. I've run a few times since Wasatch, spectated a few races last weekend with my family (and watched friends who also did Wasatch and raced already- jealous!) and spent more time out with my 3 year old during the day and less time napping :) I hiked a great fall hike today with a friend.
I'm ok with being ok about my race and I'm really glad I can wear this shirt :)


1 comment:

fashion shoes said...

The Nike Roshe Run Shoe is designed with a cushy midsole and premium upper for running-inspired comfort and athletic style for everyday wear.
Nike Roshe Run Men Green Black Mesh shoes
Nike Roshe Run mens Black Dark Grey Mesh Shoes
Nike Roshe Run Mens Black Silver Yellow Mesh Shoes
http://www.sportshoestyle.com