Sunday, June 14, 2009

Healing Day 1

Feeling a bit better today, as long as I keep the foot and leg wrapped up and in the temporary cast I have. I took it off to shower and was so unstable and my foot and calf ballooned up big time. My blood wounds were pretty painful while redressing them with the help of my handy 5 year old assistant (who has also been so helpful with the other kids for me). Here are some pics from this morning - notice - there are some of the wounds, so if you'd prefer not to see them don't look on (they're not super gory though). Sorry I couldn't get the pics to turn
A view of the feet together. I find it interesting how the right foot looks fine on the left side them morphs into this swollen yucky foot on the right side. The bruising hasn't gone crazy yet, but I'm sure it will in the next couple days
Not sure why this is, maybe because of some of the tendon/ligament damage? But I cannot curl my toes past this point on the right foot. Strange sensation, as is being "down" when just yesterday morning I was a strong, fit athlete. It's gonna be a tough recovery mentally I think.
And the lovely blood wounds and swelling a little closer up. That big wound is wierd, it stays bright red like that, but it isn't bleeding.

2 comments:

jamieschip said...

Leslie, I'm SO sorry! What a horrible way to start off the summer. I hope your foot heals quickly and you're able to get back in the saddle. Sad about Wasatch Back. I'm sure the ladies will miss you, both your company and your running. ;)

Crystal said...

Man this really stinks for you. I love your blog. You are such an amazing athlete, I really look up to you. Don't get to discouraged. Hope you have a great recovery.